Hopeful Hearts Page 2

Story...

***


Story...

 

**

 

***

image6

Deziree's Story...

 

Cremello Quarter Horse Filly

Liberty, NC

$450       

  • Breed Quarter Horse  
  • State Bred -  
  • Name Deziree  
  • Sex Filly  
  • Foal Date Jun 1st 2018  
  • In Foal No  
  • Height (hh) 13.2  
  • Weight (lbs) 600.0  
  • Color Cremello  
  • Markings -  
  • Registry -  
  • Registry Number -  
  • Temperament 2 / 10  
  • Ad Number 1262543   

        View Farm Directory Listing:
Guardian Hearts Equine Defenders   

Skills / Disciplines All Around, Blue Eyed, Double Dilute, Flashy, Flaxen Mane, Project, Rescue   

Additional Comments

Deziree*QH Cremello Filly, halter  broke, project, 9-10 mos, 13hh,$450.00. Ice blue eyes, this little girl  is  gentle (I caught her basking in the sun & she never moved, just  let me walk up and click some pics), and strikingly lovely. Should  mature around 15hh. All Around  prospect, and well worth the wait and  effort to train, she will be one  to get you noticed, and has potential.   

Sleeping in the sun, Deziree, like Damerys, at 9-10 months old these are just babies.

Sleeping in the sun, Deziree, like Damerys, at 9-10 months old these are just babies.

Video

Check out this great video

 

***

image16

Additional Information

 

***

image17

Video

Check out this great video

Cremello

  Cremello horses have cream coats with pink skin and blue  or glass eyes (cremello is pronounced with emphasis on the penultimate  syllable). Their manes and tails are white. The cream colour can vary  from a very pale off white to a richer colour resembling a pale gold  (like a pale palomino). If they are not white (due to socks or other  white markings) the lower legs may be a slightly darker shade than the  body 

The Cream gene - Single and Double Dilutes

This modifier, Cream (Ccr), is responsible for Palominos, Buckskins and “Smokey” Blacks as well as what are called “Double Dilutes”. It is called an Incomplete Dominant gene. An easy way to think of the concept of “Incomplete Dominance” is to think of the gene providing one-half of its capability when present in one copy and its full capability when present in two copies. In other words, an incomplete dominant expresses itself in a stronger form when two (2) copies are present.

 Single and Double Dilutes

When present in one copy (heterozygous) the Cream gene changes the red color of Sorrels/Chestnuts and Bays to a gold or chamois color. It changes a sorrel/chestnut to Palomino, a bay horse to Buckskin. While it has no visible affect on black when present in one copy, it is still present and a black horse with one copy can produce single-dilute colors from non-dilute horses. A black horse which carries one Cream gene is called a “Smokey Black”, a simple term used to denote a black horse which carries one dilute gene. These colors are called “Single Dilutes”.

When present in two (2) copies, or homozygous, the Incomplete Dominant intensifies and changes the single-dilute colors yet again.  Palominos become Cremellos, Buckskins become Perlinos and “Smokey” Blacks become Smokey Creams.

Some breeds of horses do not carry the Cream gene (Ccr). The two which come to mind immediately are the Friesian and the Arabian. In purebred horses one will never see Palomino, Buckskin or Smokey Black animals.

 When the Cream gene is present in the homozygous form (CcrCcr – called “Double Dilutes) the Palomino will lighten coat color one more step to Cremello as well a changing the normal brown eye to a blue eye. The genetic expression of this “eeaaCcrCcr”. 

 The physical traits of a Cremello are a cream colored haircoat, a lighter colored mane and tail, a pumpkin/apricot colored skin tone and blue eyes.  Blue-eyes on a double dilute are not the result of a blue-eyed gene and when one breeds a Double-Dilute to a non-dilute the resulting foal will not have blue eyes unless the other parent carries the genetics for blue eyes.

The most common way of producing a cremello is through the mating of two palominos - eeaacCcr. This will give a 25% chance of sorrel/chestnut and 50% chance of Palomino and a 25% chance of producing a Cremello. 

If one breeds a Cremello to Cremello one will get a Cremello. The effect of a double dose of the cream gene is not magnified and there is no increase in the full effect of the cream gene in homozygous form. Each parent gives one Cream gene to the offspring insuring the resulting foal inherits two cream genes. Remember, the maximum number of genes involved are two (homozygous state) and the genes will never ‘magnify’ nor mutate when two double-dilute horses are bred together. ~ http://www.horsecoursesonline.com/college/color/lesson3_092412.htm

Cream Gene - Wikipedia

***

...